Principal, M&A Advisory
Mr. Hoffman serves as a Principal in The Chertoff Group’s Merchant Banking practice.
A career investment banker in the Defense Technology, Security, and Government Services industry, Mr. Hoffman has over fifteen years of experience advising companies in merger and acquisition transactions.
With a passion for advising sellers, Mr. Hoffman’s experience spans private and public sale transactions, corporate divestitures, growth equity raises, and management buyouts. During his career, Mr. Hoffman has successfully executed over 50 transactions within the defense, cybersecurity, and government technology markets aggregating over $2.0 billion in total value. Mr. Hoffman has advised on and closed transactions with many of the leading firms in the industry, including ASGN, The Boeing Company, BAE Systems, Booz Allen Hamilton, CACI International, ManTech International, Motorola Solutions, NCI Information Systems, Raytheon Company, and QinetiQ, as well as leading private equity groups including Arlington Capital Partners, DC Capital Partners, GTCR, Sagewind Capital, and Veritas Capital.
Mr. Hoffman is also actively involved in The Chertoff Group’s private equity investments, having supported the firm’s investments in Delta Risk, LLC and Coalfire Systems, Inc., among others.
Prior to joining The Chertoff Group, Mr. Hoffman was an investment banker at BB&T Capital Markets | Windsor Group.
- Advised Griffon Corporation in its divestiture of Systems Engineering Group to QuantiTech, LLC, a portfolio company of Sagewind Capital
- Advised Skyris, LLC in its sale to ASGN Incorporated
• Advised Delta Risk, LLC in its sale to Motorola Solutions
- Advised Excivity, Inc. in its sale to AEgis Technologies, a portfolio company of Arlington Capital Partners
- Advised Next Century Corporation in its sale to CACI International
• Advised H2M Group in its sale to ManTech International
- FINRA Series 7
- FINRA Series 66
- B.A., James Madison University, with a double major in Finance and Economics
Area of Expertise
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity Investments
- Government Services and Defense Technology